Every mail user is frustrated with the fact of getting lots of span mails in the personalized account of Hotmail. From past many years, Microsoft is trying to tackle the mail related query. While the Hotmail gives filter options for identifying the unwanted emails but few users have reported the problem of the ‘junk mail” filter working error in the Hotmail. For getting out of the problem, the user can simply follow the instructions mentioned below and look if the problem is resolved or still persists.
- You can initiate the process by signing in the personalized Hotmail email account.
- Then further locate the gear icon over the extreme right corner of the screen and then tap over it.
- In this particular window, make effort to scroll down and search for the particular “filters and reporting” option in the tab of junk email situated over the screen’s left lower side corner.
- Then you will get to see an option located under the particular tab and the option is “standard”. It is the place where the junk mails are sent to the “junk email folder”.
- However, if the particular filter is not working then you can comfortably choose the second option that is “exclusive”.
- After selecting “exclusive” filter option, you will get only the trusted mails sent by the trusted mails from the safe senders and lying in safe mailing list, contacts and service announcements that you selected. While selecting this option prevents more junk files in comparison to the standard filter.
- After selecting the option as per your requirement, don’t forget to tap the “save” option located over the top left side of the window of the Hotmail.
In case the error persists, even after bringing changes and you are getting more spam mails in the account then you can contact to the authorized Hotmail Customer Support team including emailstechnicalsupport.com. Talk to techies by dialing Hotmail customer service number 1-888-223-8982 (24 Hours) or Hotmail Customer Care Toll Free Number as these are Hotmail Helpline Numbers.