Email platforms bring ease in folder related activity like sending, receiving or sharing. So, file sharing on Live mail is very easy and common and similarly is spamming and hacking in the respective email account. So, in order to maintain your system protected against the online threats, virus and certain programs that can be the reason behind the hacking of the personal details. So on the security basis, Live Mail prohibits certain kinds of file attachments leading to occurrence of above described issues.
If however, you need to allow every kind of file attachments, the user is free to do so by bringing changes in the settings of the account of Windows Live Mail safety options. They will be able to download easily all sorts of files after bringing changes in the safety option.
Below defined are certain steps essential for allowing the mails to download and then open the file attachment type:
- In the first step, reach out to “start option” in the system and then enter “mail” in the space provided in search box.
- Further locate the option “Windows Live Mail” in respective search result and then tap on it.
- Then click over the “home option” of the Windows Live Mail and moving ahead select the “junk” option and reach out to “safety options”.
- Locate “security tab” and tap over it lying under “safety menu”.
- Then search for the “virus protection menu” and further uncheck the section next to the “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus”.
- Finally, tap on the “ok”. Then when you get an attachment via email. This email block will not prohibit any attachment and they will be permitted to send and receive the file types in mails.
- Remember but, switching off the option will leave the system at risk of being affected by malicious virus.
NOTE: The changes done will be much effective for the mails that you come across after the changes done. It is even better recommended for sending and receiving file attachments in the zipped form.
You will get rid of your trouble by following the above described steps but in many of the cases you can contact Windows Live Mail Tech Support anytime and from anywhere. You are free to get connected to the emailstechnicalsupport.com by using the helpline numbers such as Windows Live Mail Customer Care Phone Number or Windows Live Mail Customer Care Toll Free Number 1-888-223-8982.